Do you require a liquor license for a special event or a new business venture?

liquor license

A liquor license is required for the retail sale of liquor, consumption on and off a premises as well as the retail and consumption of liquor at a special event. 

It is important to note that an application for a liquor license is required to be lodged 3 months in advance of your special event.

Get help with your liquor license applications

The National Liquor Policy requires provinces to regulate the licensing of retail and micro-manufacturing of liquor, and provides categories for licences. For example, in the Eastern Cape, the Eastern Cape Liquor Board (ECLB) is charged with interpreting and implementing this policy at a Provincial level.

There are several expectations on liquor licence holders including being expected to renew their liquor licences on an annual basis. It is wise to get liquor law attorneys on your side.

Should you require a quotation or further information on obtaining a liquor license, please contact Goldberg & de Villiers’ Corporate and Commercial Law Department on 041 501 9806 or or Alternatively, visit 13 Bird St, Port Elizabeth Central, Port Elizabeth, 6001

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest